Round 6 started back in Sydney but still with Buddhist stuff going on, involving eating out and partying a bit. This happened during the 5 shift, making it a bit easier to stick to it. I finally got a Fitbit! Based on reviews, I decided to go with the One. I know this gadget can be dangerous for a data junkie like me, but I wanted to know whether I’m complying with the activity and sleep components of the protocol.
- I put on 1.6cm on my waist, 4mm on my hips, 1.4cm on my thigh and 2.5kg. So basically, I reverted what I had achieved on the previous shift.
- Averaged 13,294 steps and 8.05 hours of sleep with 99% efficiency.
- My digestion was still compromised but got better with time.
- I felt a bit sick: slightly sore throat, a few sneezes, tired.
Eating out on 5S: smoked meats and coleslaw at the Erko
Eggplant bolognese, made with lean pork mince, surprisingly a 3S meal
- I lost 1.1cm off my waist, 8mm off my hips, 9mm off my thigh and 2.2kg. Not my leanest during the experiment, but close.
- Averaged 12,844 steps and 7.15 hours of sleep with efficiency ranging from 95% to 100%.
- My digestion got better on 5S, and then again worse on 3S.
- I got a cold, which is very unusual. Sore throat, sneezes, coughs. No weakness, tiredness nor fever, though.
- I got injured again. My hip flexor was still tight and I overused my back while snatching. This injury is not as serious as the one I had a year and a half ago, but it’s annoying.
Another spin on egg salad for breakfast on 5S, this one has bacon and comes from Practical Paleo
Post-workout 3S dinner: rice, tuna, tomato, coriander, lime
If you’re interested in learning more about AltShift, head to 30kview.com.