For those who know Mafalda (or some Spanish) here is the perfect strip for this post. Soup in summer. Enough said.
Zucchini and roasted garlic soup
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 garlic head, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 leek (white part only)
- 6 medium zucchini
- 6 cups beef, chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoons rosemary salt (or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary + 1 teaspoon salt)
- Wrap garlic head in foil and roast at 175°C for about 2 hours. You can do this ahead and keep wrapped in the fridge.
- Chop the leek. Peel and chop the zucchinis.
- Heat ghee in a pot at medium-high temperature, add leek and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add zucchini, cook stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, crank the heat up and cover until it starts boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for at least 15 minutes.
- Squeeze the garlic in the soup, add rosemary salt (or rosemary and salt).
- Blend the soup with a stick blender or in a regular blender in batches. Adjust seasoning.