This is a variation of the chocolate coffee bites recipe I posted a few months ago. It came about because I ran out of dark chocolate but still wanted to chew on something crunchy that would give me a caffeine hit. To be honest, I prefer these to the chocolate ones.
Yield: 6-10 units, depending on size
- 80 grams (about 1/2 cup) creamed coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee (coarsely ground for plunger recommended)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- coconut sugar or other sweetner (optional, I don’t use any)
- Melt creamed coconut in the microwave.
- Mix in the coffee and cacao nibs (and sweetener if using).
- Pour in an ice tray (I make mine in a lemon slice-shaped silicone tray that yields 6 big portions). Alternatively you can use a small rectangular tray and chop it up before serving. Cover with cling wrap and place in the freezer.
- Wait patiently until set and enjoy.