It’s that time of the year again. Peruvian Independence Day is right around the corner, which means getting together with the family for a big feast.
This year we had seafood as a theme. Today’s recipe is the entrée: conchitas a la parmesana, or scallops with Parmesan cheese. Of course this is by no means a traditional Peruvian dish but it’s very popular, especially in Lima. It’s very simple and tasty, and as most good things in life it’s better to have in small quantities because it packs a good bunch of calories.
Conchitas a la parmesana (scallops with Parmesan cheese)
Yield: 6 units, 2 to 3 servings
- 6 scallops in their shells
- 1 lime
- Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons butter
- Preheat oven grill to 180°C.
- Place scallops on tray lined with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup), season with salt, pepper, a small splash of lime juice and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce.
- Top with Parmesan and chunks of butter.
- Grill a few minutes until nicely browned.